Budapest, you stole my heart

By Unknown - 11:04:00


In May I've been to Budapest for 8 days with my study association. Budapest is one of a kind, it's not like any other city I've ever been to. Especially the architecture of this city, so beautiful! Besides the breath-taking buildings, it's also a very cheap city. I've spend less than 200 euros in 8 days, and I've been to fancy restaurants, cocktail bars and clubs, but for Dutch standards it was all so cheap! The only disappointment of this trip was the weather. I've heard so many stories of great weather in Budapest, but during our stay it was pretty cold and cloudy. Despite the weather, I've had an amazing week, with awesome people in a wonderful city! 

In another post I will tell you all about my favourite hotspots of Budapest, but for now I'm showing you my favourite photos of this trip. Maybe after these, you'll understand why I've fallen in love with this city. 

View from Buda Hill
Matthias Church on Buda Hill
Fisherman's Bastion on Buda Hill
View from Fisherman's Bastion
St. Stephen's Basilica
Parliament Building
View from the Gellért Hill on Pest
View on the Danube from Gellért Hill
Opera House on Andrássy út
Szechenyi Baths
Shoes on the Danube Bank - A memorial to the victims shot into the Danube by Arrow Cross militiamen in 1944-1945.
 If you're going to Budapest, I think you should definitely visit these places. The three most impressive sights for me were the Parliament, the Matthias Church on Buda Hill and the memorial of the Shoes on the Danube bank. I've visited the memorial in my free time on the last day, and I have no regrets. It's so impressive and touching, it made me speechless. 

Have you ever been to Budapest? What was your favourite sight? 
Or are you planning to go to Budapest and what would you like to visit?

I've made all these photographs myself, so I hope you like them. 
I'm definitely going back to this city. Budapest, you stole my heart!

xx Sherilynn

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 reacties

  1. Wauw, wat een mooie foto's! En prachtige gebouwen! Die Matthias Church is zó mooi! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Ja, echt prachtig en ook heel uniek van binnen!

      Delete
  2. Ik ben vorige zomer in Budapest geweest en is mijn favoriete stad geworden. Alles is prachtig, de mensen zijn leuk, het uitgaan is super; wat wil je nog meer. Mooie foto's allemaal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ben het helemaal met je eens haha! En dankjewel! :)

      Delete
  3. Wauw sher, super mooie foto's!! Het ziet eruit als een geweldige stad! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw dankjewel!! Ook echt een aanrader voor jou! <3

      Delete
  4. Budapest ziet er inderdaad geweldig uit! Ik krijg meteen zin om er naartoe te reizen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik zou het zeker aanraden, en helemaal omdat je er zo goedkoop heen kan reizen en het land zelf ook zo goedkoop is! :)

      Delete
  5. Wauw wat gaaf! Je maakt me ontzettend jaloers nu, ik wilde er zelf graag heen met een vriendin maar dat gaat helaas niet meer door..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah wat jammer! Hoop dat je een andere keer kan gaan, want je moet echt een keer in deze stad geweest zijn!

      Delete