Madrid Highlights #2: El Retiro

By Unknown - 18:26:00

Hey guys!

Today I'm showing you one of my favourite spots of Madrid. As you've probably read on the blog, I went to Madrid in June after my final exams. It's the perfect city for a long city trip and I'd definitely recommend going there.
 I've already talked about my other favourite spot, the 'hipster area' Malasaña in this post and today I'm going to talk about the Buen Retiro Park, also known as El Retiro. It's one of the largest (and best-known) parks of Madrid and near to the Prado Museum (check out this post to find out more about this museum).

If you're wondering why you should visit this hotspot, read along!


If you want to chill out and enjoy the good weather (that's what we did haha), El Retiro is the place to be. You will find many locals here do the same. You can also find some pretty architecture in this park, like a Crystal Palace, some statues, fountains and the Monument to Alfonso XII, which I think looks pretty impressive. In front of this monument there's a large lake where you can rent boats. Around the lake you can find some bars for food and drinks. We decided to sit on a terrace near the lake and just relax and enjoy our view. 

Monument to Alfonso XII
Crystal Palace

At the lake in front of the Crystal Palace you can find many little turtles, so cute!


My friend also took some shots of my outfit that day, so here they are! I went for a comfy summer outfit with these simple sandals, which are perfect for a day full of walking.

Top: Topshop (€8,-)
Jeans shorts: Thrifted + DIY
Sandals: France 
Sunnies: Biba Vintage Madrid (€10,-)
Bag: Primark (€8,-)

Have you ever visited Madrid and been to El Retiro? What did you think of it?

x Sherilynn

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 reacties