Madrid Highlights #1: Malasaña

By Unknown - 11:25:00

Hey guys!

Sorry for not posting for a while! Last weekend Karlijn and I were the whole weekend at Rock Werchter in Belgium. We had a blast and saw some amazing bands! A blog post will be uploaded about the festival and our experiences soon. This Sunday we went to Metropolis, a free festival with new upcoming bands in our hometown Rotterdam. We wanted to write a blogpost about this festival too, but the weather was pretty bad so we couldn't make phtos... Also a personal update: last Thursday I had my graduation so now I have officially said goodbye to high school with a Gymnasium diploma in the pocket! July 16th I'll get an email from the University of Leiden if I'm accepted for the bachelor Psychology. I'm so nervous, fingers crossed haha!

In this third post about my city trip to Madrid (click here for the haul and here for pictures and more) I will tell you, along with photos of course, about one of my favourite places in Madrid: the area Malasaña.



Malasaña is the 'hipster' area of Madrid. You can find many vintage stores, cafes, record stores and book stores here. It is an area where many students hang out and go out during the week. I wouldn't go out there on a Tuesday night though, because the clubs aren't open then, only the bars. If you just want to drink cocktails, it's the place to be, especially because there are bars with cocktails for only €5!


Malasaña is a great place to eat, many cafes offer a special brunch menu, just like the cafe where we had brunch: Pez Baker. All the stores where still closed so we decided to take our time and enjoy the sun while eating outside on the terrace. The brunch was delicious, the perfect amount of food to start the day good. I had an original brunch with a cup of coffee, a beetroot & carrot smoothie (such an amazing combination!), some toast with a tomato marmelade something and poached eggs with ham and crisps, so goood! 





Malasaña is a beautiful area to make cool photos. Most buildings are painted in bright colours and you can find cool street art in many streets. If you don't know it yet, I love architecture, modern art and pretty buildings, so it's the perfect place for me.



Another typical thing of Malasaña are the many vintage shops. Especially in Calle Velarde, this whole street is full of vintage shops. As you could've seen in my haul, I did some shopping in this vintage street. We went shopping after our brunch, but not all stores were open yet, so I'd recommend going late in the afternoon if you want to shop good.


I've fallen in love with Malasaña. I'd definitely recommend going here if you love pretty buildings and street art or vintage shopping like me. If I ever happen to be again in Madrid, I will go back.

What do you think of Malasaña? Would you pay it a visit? Have you ever been to Madrid?

x Sherilynn

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 reacties

  1. Replies
    1. Ja dat is het ook echt :) er hangt zo'n chille vibe daar!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ja ik ben echt verliefd geworden op deze wijk haha! :)

      Delete
  3. Zo tof dat je naar Rockwerchter bent geweest! Ik kwam via je instagram op je blog, je hebt een goede muzieksmaak :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ziet er heel erg leuk uit!

    ReplyDelete